Lumber Thicknesses: 4/4 through 8/4
Lumber Grades: Prime
Sheet Goods: Available in a Variety of Grades
- Makoré yields a beautifully grained and sometimes highly figured wood.
- The wood ranges from light, pink-red to deep red or reddish brown. The sapwood is clearly demarcated and is much lighter in color.
- Makoré may stain blue if the material comes in contact with iron when damp. Woodworkers also need to be aware that the wood’s fine dust can cause dermatitis and irritate nasal passages and airways.
- Wood has a high silica content, which can cause blunting.
- The material works well with both hand and power tools.
- The material finishes and takes screws and nails well.
- It has good gluing properties.
- The heartwood is very durable and extremely resistant to preservative treatments.