Lumber Thicknesses: 4/4 through 8/4
Lumber Grades: C Select and Better
Vertical Grain Material Available
Sheet Goods: Available in a Variety of Grades
- It is pale in color and naturally richens over time.
- The overall uniformity of coloring from heartwood to sapwood, from light honey to a rich golden tan.
- Hemlock is very strong, has a long grain.
- Straight and even grained with a fine to medium texture.
- Light and soft with moderate stiffness, bending strength, compression strength, and steam bending, low shock resistance and decay resistance.
- Good dimensional stability.
- Works easily with machine or hand tools.
- Accepts paint, stains, varnishes, and polishes well.
- Glues quite easily.
- Pre-drilling recommended for screwing and nailing.